Ghost Towns Map
Looking for ghost towns, historic sites, archaeological sites, and other abandoned places? This Ghost towns map can be a valuable resource for anyone who is interested in exploring the past. This map shows the location of known ghost towns all over the world, and provide information about the history of each town when available.
Much like our other maps, this information is crowd-sourced, so please feel free to contribute your knowledge. Help us out and Submit a place to the map!
Ghost towns are a fascinating glimpse into the past. They are a reminder of a time when people lived in different ways than they do today. There are many reasons why towns become ghost towns. Some towns are abandoned due to economic problems, while others are abandoned due to natural disasters. Some towns are even abandoned because they were intentionally flooded when a dam was built.
Here are some tips for exploring ghost towns:
- Be aware of your surroundings and take safety precautions. Ghost towns can be dangerous, so it is important to be aware of your surroundings and take safety precautions.
- Do not trespass on private property. Many ghost towns are located on private property, so it is important to get permission before you explore.
- Respect the history of the place. Ghost towns are often places of historical significance, so it is important to respect the history of the place and leave no trace.
- By following these tips, you can safely and respectfully explore ghost towns.
Here are some additional tips for finding ghost towns:
- Look for abandoned buildings and infrastructure. Ghost towns often have abandoned buildings and infrastructure, such as old houses, businesses, and railroads.
- Check with local historical societies. Local historical societies often have information about ghost towns in the area.
If you find this resource valuable, consider leaving a one-time, monthly or yearly donation to support this website. Nothing is expected, all is appreciated!
© Forgotten Railways, Roads & Places, 2024