The Morehead & North Fork Railroad
|Image: Morehead State University Digital Archives.|
The M&WL built 4 out of a proposed 20 mile right of way between a junction with the Chesapeake & Ohio Railroad at Morehead, and Redwine, KY on the North Fork of the Licking River. The M&NF continued on to complete the road.
It was almost entirely a logging railroad, but was a common carrier, and did haul clay after a decline in timber hauls. Significant curves and grades were a feature along the line.
A major flood in 1929 would significantly hamper operations, with abandonment of all but the first 4 miles of track would be granted in 1933.
Further Reading: "Steam in the Heart: Life and Times Along the Morehead and North Fork Rails"