The Au Sable & Northwestern Railway
The Au Sable & Northwestern Railway connected Oscoda Twp., MI with the logging country to its north and west, ending near Comins, MI for a distance of roughly 55 miles. (Right of way)
|"The Lightning Special on the AS&N RR." C.T. Stoner photo, c.1910|
Originally a collection of a few different logging railroads, most notably the J.E. Potts Lumber and Salt Company and the Potts Logging Railway, the AS&NW began operations in 1887. Towards the line's north end, a spur connected Fairview, MI to E of Rocky Ranch, MI.
Via MichiganRailroads: Photo Info/Credit - Au Sable & Northwestern locomotive works in the woods near Messinger Brothers, Comins, MI.
Thanks as always for reading!
Post a Comment