The Indian Creek Valley Railroad
The Indian Creek Valley Railroad ran along Indian Creek in Pennsylvania, beginning at a junction with the B&O Railroad, and running 22 miles northeast starting in 1910. The junction was aptly-named as "Indian Creek". (Right of way)
While its primary haul was timber, like many Pennsylvania railroad lines, it hauled coal as well, in addition to passenger trains. Towns along the route included Jones Mills, Indian Head, Melcroft, and Champion, PA.
|Image and History|
By 1926, the right of way would became part of the B&O, who would abandon the line in 1969 after timber and coal movements became too unprofitable for the line to remain.
Today, two sections of the right of way are rail trails, with a connection between the two sections planned for the future.
Thanks as always for reading!